Who is Metropolitan Community Church?
Since its founding in 1968, Metropolitan Community Churches have been at the vanguard of civil and human rights movements as an international advocate for vulnerable people in places where religious orthodoxy, sexism, transphobia, and homophobia can result in violence and death.
MCC’s ministry reaches over 43,000 members in almost 300 churches in 22 countries worldwide. Our prophetic witness has forever changed the face of Christianity and helped to fuel the international struggle for LGBT rights and equality.
Metropolitan Community Churches are on a bold mission to transform hearts, lives, and history. We are a movement that faithfully proclaims God’s inclusive love for all people and proudly bears witness to the holy integration of spirituality and sexuality.
Because of our faith we are called to:
- Do justice, show kindness, and live humbly with God (Micah 6:8)
- Explore life’s questions with open hearts and minds
- Raise our voices in sacred defiance against exclusion, whether religious, political or systemic
- Reach out to those with no hope
- Equip new generations of remarkable, far-reaching spiritual activists
For more information on the worldwide ministries of Metropolitan Community Churches, visit www.mccchurch.org.